Visa for High-Net-Worth-Individual
In 2016 Luxembourg announced a new kind of exclusive residence permit for third-country high-net-worth individual (HNWIs).
HNWIs who would like to establish their residence in Luxembourg are subject to the Luxembourg law on freedom of movement of persons and immigration.
Opening the gates for HNWIs is meant to help maintain Luxembourg’s attractiveness at an international level, while developing and diversifying its economy.
Luxembourg aims to become a leader in an environment marked by competitiveness and by interdependence amongst national economies.
This new exclusive premium-based permit promotes Luxembourg as a destination of choice for international HNWI investors looking for a high-end relocation destination with top business opportunities.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR WEALTHY IMMIGRANTS?
- Applicants have to prove that he/she has sufficient resources to live in Luxembourg.
These resources are evaluated by considering their nature and their regularity but also by reference to the monthly amount of the social minimum salary for a non-qualified worker.
Please note the social minimum wage for unskilled workers at the moment is EUR 2,071.10 per month or EUR 24,854 per year. This amount applies to each adult person in a household.
The minimum amount of the revenues for a couple in the household is then EUR 49,708 (this amount vary with indexation of the salaries).
- Applicants must have an appropriate place to live in Luxembourg, either a house or an apartment.
- Applicant can prove that he/she and relatives is/are covered by a health insurance scheme.
- Presence in Luxembourg of the applicant does not imply a threat for the public order, public heath or security.
Luxembourg has a tax system which is comparable to that of most other countries in the EU. It taxes the worldwide income of its residents based on a progressive personal income tax rate.
Luxembourg levies the lowest Value Added Tax (VAT) rate in Europe. The standard rate of VAT in Luxembourg is 17%, whereby the super-reduced rate is as low as 3%.
In 2006, net wealth tax was withdrawn for natural persons, including in the case of their being partners in a sole proprietorship or a transparent company.
What we do?
We will support you on every step of your relocation to Luxembourg and make the immigration process as qualitative and smooth as possible.
- Consulting regarding your HNWI immigration matter and providing other supportive information;
- Preparing your immigration file and proceed it on your behalf to Luxembourgish Ministries and Consulates;
- Translations of documents to one of the official languages in Luxembourg (for the submission), if required;
- Introducing to the Ministry of Foreign affairs your dossier on your behalf;
- Assisting in converting your international driving license;
- Personal advisory on opening bank accounts as well as renting/buying a property, if needed;
- Assisting on the relocation to Luxembourg and its administrative implications;
- Providing a temporary accommodation, if needed;
- Providing you help with the registration at the new commune of residence;
- Orientation tour in Luxembourg, if needed.
FOLLOW & LIKE US!