Visa for Salaried Workers or Blue Card Holders

The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg has an atypical labour market owing to the international and multilingual nature of its workforce.

Around 70% of the country’s workforce is composed of immigrants or cross-border workers coming from France, Belgium and Germany.

In addition to our standard services, we practice and offer private support and, if necessary, a specially chosen employee can be assigned to meet you in the city where you live or work for personal meetings and provide practical assistance during your immigration process.

As for work permits, the law makes a distinction whether you are a citizen of the European Union or a third country national.

EU citizens
All nationals of European Union (EU) member states or of countries treated as such are entitled to free circulation within the EU.
This gives them the right to work and live anywhere in the EU.

EU citizen are entitled to reside in Luxembourg if they work as a salaried employee or if they are self-employed.

Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and the Swiss Confederation are assimilated to the European Union member states.

EU citizens must go through certain procedures of registrations in Luxembourg and meet certain conditions.

MSK Group will assist you and your family with the registration processes and assist you to obtain all the documents and certificates needed in a prompt and correct manner.

Third Country Nationals
If you want to acquire a work permit in Luxembourg then there are two possibilities :
1. Blue Card Regime

This is an European program to promote the immigration of highly qualified workers end experts to Europe. Therefore, this work and residence permit is also offered by Luxembourg. The blue card gives to you and your family the possibility to live in Luxembourg and to travel in the European Union (free movement of people).

2. Salaried Worker Regime

If the Blue Card Regime does not apply to you, e.g. if Luxembourgish employers are not hiring you under this regime, then the work permit for Salaried Worker may apply. It all depends on your future employer. This does not mean that you are applying for jobs with lower qualification requirements or for less paid job. Blue Card and Salaried Worker are just two different kinds of work permits with different procedures to be followed.

What we do?

We will support you on every step of your relocation to Luxembourg and make the immigration process as qualitative and smooth as possible.

  • Consulting regarding your personal immigration matter and providing other supportive information;
  • Help you to identify your kind of Visa or Residence Permit and assist you with obtaining it;
  • Preparing your immigration file and proceed it on your behalf to Luxembourgish Ministries and Consulates;
  • Translations of documents to one of the official languages in Luxembourg, if required;
  • Introducing to the Ministry of Foreign affairs your dossier on your behalf;
  • Assisting in converting your international driving license;
  • Personal advisory on opening bank accounts as well as renting/buying a property, if needed;
  • Assisting on the relocation to Luxembourg and its administrative implications;
  • Providing a temporary accommodation, if needed;
  • Providing you help with the registration at the new commune of residence;
  • Assisting you with obligatory Medical visits, in order to obtain Luxembourgish residence permit;
  • Orientation tour in Luxembourg, if needed.
HNWI - Immigration to Luxembourg


Contact us for more information